Frequently Asked Questions - The Rug District
All Rugs come standard with the manufacturers' warranty. The warranty will be specified under the product features.
Unless stated otherwise on our site, please expect to receive your rug in approximately 5-10 business days (Depending on the manufacturer). Very few exceptions may apply where you’d receive your rug in up to 14 days. Please note that custom made rugs may take up to 4 weeks to receive. If your rug is backordered, we will contact you by phone or email.
Yes, everything we sell is brand new and of first quality. We do not sell factory seconds or used products.
4. Do you have a best price guarantee?
Yes. We not only meet the best price, we beat it…by an additional 10%. Simply find a lower price on the same product from any other retailer within 60 days of your purchase, and we will match it PLUS give you an EXTRA 10% discount on the difference. This price match guarantee works whether you buy a single rug or rugs for an entire home.
Here’s how it works: Just fill out this brief form and let us know where you found the lower price. Upon verification of the competitor’s price, as well as that the product is in stock, brand new with the same pattern, material, size, shape and color, we will adjust your saved shopping cart total to reflect your new lower price. Remember, it only applies to the exact product as verified by website, catalogue or sales flyer, and excludes retailer's products that are off-quality, factory seconds, clearance or closeout items. Now you can have your rugs and rest assured you got the best price at TheRugDistrict.com. Please note that additional discounts do not apply to Price Matches.
At TheRugDistrict.com shipping is FREE to the continental 48 United States.
6. When will my order ship?
Unless stated otherwise on our site, please expect to receive your rug in approximately 5-10 business days. Very few exceptions may apply where you’d receive your rug in up to 14 days. If your rug is backordered, we will contact you by phone or email.
7. What is your return policy?
8. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Paypal cards. You can also pay by cashier check or money order by selecting this option in the checkout screen. (Cashier Check / Money Order options will not go into manufacturer processing until payment has been received)
9. How do I change or cancel an order once it has been placed?
We will do everything we can to help you with any changes to your order. Orders may be changed within the first 24 hours. All changes and cancellations must be done via phone. If you choose to change or cancel your order, please contact us within 24 hours of purchase via phone (877 772-6674)
10. How to care for outdoor rugs?
For Bamboo Rugs, if they get wet, the following steps should be taken to ensure the rug’s longevity:
Bamboo surface should be wiped dry
The rug backing should be completely air dried.
Surface that rug lies on should be completely air dried before rug is laid back down.
12. Are rug colors on your site true?
11. Do you ship internationally?
The Rug District will only ship to the continental 48 United States.
The photos on our website are the best quality possible. However, photos may not be actual representations of colors due to computer monitor settings and we cannot be responsible for differences in online colors and actual colors.
All rug sizes listed are approximate.
14. What are the different rug fibers?
- Polypropylene (also called Olefin) is the most durable and stain-resistant rug fiber. It is a synthetic yarn and is the most commonly used area rug fiber. On average, olefin is soft in texture and is fade resistant.
- Nylon is another synethic fiber commonly used in rugs. Its characteristics include: strong and elastic, retains its shape, and it is shiny.
- Wool is a natural fiber that comes from sheep, most commonly from New Zealand and Australia. It is more luxurious than synthetic fibers and its properties include: 1) hard wearing and moisure absorbant; 2) lightweight and versatile; 3) resistant to dirt and wear and tear; and 4) fire resistant
15. Do you recommend purchasing a rug pad?
Yes. Non-slip pads will prevent your rug from slipping and will prolong the life of both your floor and rug. We have pads for both hard surfaces and carpeting.